Pradosam is very auspicious day for Lord Siva and grandly celebrated in Siva temples or where Sivalingam murthi is present.
It is a karma busting day where with intensive and sincere prayers and meditation we can resolve or reduce lots of our past karma.
In a month there will be 2 pradosams and it falls on Trayodasi tithi. The peak time for pradosam is 1.5 hours before and 1.5 hours after sunset in the evening. That's the time the energy level or the vibration is very strong.
What do we need to do ?
1. Observe vegetarian diet throughout the day.
2. Chant Om Namasivaya 108 or 1008 times
3. Chant the mantra Tiru neelakantam 108 times . Details at the youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bLouWGJtA
4. Sing Siva puranam from Thiruvasagam as many times as possible. You can also sing other tirumurais too.
5. Bring items for abisegam for Lord Siva , milk, vibuthi, sandanam etc
6. Vilvam leaf are very auspicious for lord Siva. Ask the priest for vilvam leaf after the prayers. Take back home and keep in the shrine room. The energy can last as long as 6 months. Make it as a powder form and use it to put on sambrani. It removes the negative energies at home
Please share with your friends
Serve above self